Sunday, October 28, 2012

BBB Powerpull crank puller (BTL-14)

The story of my crank puller....


BBB Powerpull Crank Puller (BTL-14)

As I found out the hard way, it's not easy to remove cranks off a square tapered spindle without a crank puller...so I bought a BBB Powerpull crank puller (BTL-14) to give me a hand.

Crank pullers are designed to separate the crank from the bike's bottom bracket.

This particular crank puller can be used on all ISIS spindles, or remove the end cap, and the tool can be used on all square tapered spindles.

I found it very easy to use when I was removing the cranks off a rusty clunker of a bike. The only slight difficulty I had was removing the end cap so I could use it on the square tapered spindle but that was more likely due to a momentary blonde moment!

The BBB Powerpull Crank Puller (BTL-14) is very solidly built so there are no reservations about applying requisite force. Although, in saying that, one should always take care in ensuring that no cross-threading is in action when using this tool.

Simple 'how to use' pictograms were printed on the packaging, which could prove useful for a first time user; particularly as the tool can be used for both types of spindles and requires a part ot be removed is being used for square tapered onee.

Overall, I needed the tool to get the job done, it worked and for the build of the product it was worth the $25 I spent to buy it from Top Gear Cycles as I know it'll be ages until I need to ever need to buy another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment